Alabama Association for Public Continuing and Adult Education
September 18 – 24, 2022
David Walters, Executive Director of Adult Education
accepting the proclamation on behalf of the excellent adult educators, students, and staff in Alabama! Pictured with him is Alyssa Turner, Press Assistant, from Governor Kay Ivey’s office.
Send us your AEFL Week images to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will post them to the website for everyone to see how you celebrate AEFL Week.
National Adult Education and Family Literacy Week
raises public awareness about the need for and value of adult education and family literacy. Its goal is to increase financial and societal support for access to basic education programs for U.S. adults with low literacy, numeracy, and digital skills. Advocates across the country use this opportunity to elevate adult education and family literacy nationwide with policymakers, the media, and the community.
- Download the AEFL Week logo and use it in your social media, on your website, and in your print communications
- Download and share NCL’s latest Adult Education Fact Sheet and NCL Fact Sheet
- Find literacy quotes and links to maps and data on adult literacy on NCL’s Adult Literacy page
- Check out exemplary programs, adult learners’ stories, and toolkits and other resources for planning advocacy around National AEFL Week
- Invite your local, state, and federal policymakers to visit your program and meet your adult learners
- Host an activity or event to raise awareness of adult education and family literacy